- Marketing Intern
- Graphic Design Intern
- Development Intern
- Hippodrome Arts Administration – Grants Internship
- Arts Archive Intern
The Hippodrome Theatre’s internship program offers college students and recent graduates hands-on experience in the region’s premier professional theatre and cultural center. Interns will be able to funnel their passion for the arts into tangible outcomes, helping the Hippodrome continue to bring its patrons the best live theatre, cinema and rental experiences in Gainesville.
Interns will have the opportunity to work closely with our staff and guest artists, where they will gain valuable insight into how a non-profit arts organization functions. Your professional growth is important to us, and our team gives constructive feedback, offers interns the opportunity to develop their own projects and is focused on making plans come to fruition. If you’re ready to get to work (and have fun!), consider joining our team.
Benefits of a Hipp Internship
- Experience working in a professional regional theatre
- Experience working in a non-profit arts organization
- Involvement in six to eight professional productions (three to four if term is only one semester), as well as second-stage productions and special events.
- Exposure to and/or experience in other areas of production and arts administration, and the ability to communicate and work collaboratively with artists
- Knowledge of the rules and practices of the Actors Equity Association
- Presentation skills, portfolio materials,and the ability to articulate your creative process
- Job and/or graduate school recommendations
How To Apply
Please read through our internship descriptions and send the appropriate files to email@example.com. PDF documents are preferred, unless video or photo content is attached.
You will be contacted via phone or email only if you are selected for an interview or asked to supply additional information. Unfortunately, we do not have the time to contact every applicant, but we strongly encourage a follow-up if you don’t hear back from us in two weeks.
Application submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Queries about our internship program:
Director of Education Gabrielle Byam