While working with our marketing team, you’ll have the opportunity to create original content for our website and social media pages. You’ll become one of the most in-the-know people about the downtown area. You’ll be pushed to flex your creative muscles and produce meaningful work. If you’re up for the challenge, we think you’ll really enjoy yourself.
This internship includes working at the theatre during weekday office hours, as well as occasionally working evening/weekend Mainstage performances. Positions are available for Spring 2020. This is a part-time internship. Reports to the Managing Director and Marketing Coordinator.
Essential Position Functions
- Create interesting, engaging and relevant social media content on Facebook and Instagram
- Take quality photos to promote Mainstage shows, cinema screenings, rental spaces, education programs and special events
- Write effective press releases that will be sent out to a wide range of publications
- Pick up and deliver marketing materials; organize and schedule with other interns to execute print campaigns, such as distributing materials and completing local postering routes
- Table at community events, promoting Hippodrome programming and distributing marketing materials
- Assist with general administrative duties to keep the theatre running in tip-top shape
- Currently studying journalism, public relations, marketing or another related field at an accredited institution; other applicants will be considered if they have comparable skills
- Flexible, positive, go-getter attitude; evening and weekend hours are sometimes required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy artistic environment
- Experience with social media management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, along with a firm grasp on AP Style
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Google Drive
- Brownie points: Knowledge of WordPress and Constant Contact, or similar applications desired
To apply, please submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, January 19.
NOTE: Qualified applicants may be hired prior to the application deadline, so applicants are strongly encouraged to apply quickly so as to secure an interview slot.