Approximate dates of internship:
This internship is approximately 10-20 hours per week.
The Arts Administration Internship provides excellent experience in preparation for work in the general non-
profit field, particularly the arts.
- Provide administrative support in the area of grants, management, budgeting, and operations
- Research potential grant opportunities
- Write letters and text for administrative and artistic projects
- Assist in the preparation of grant applications, including proofreading of text and assembling of artistic materials
- Assist in the preparation of post-award grant reports
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records and schedules as a tool for tracking deadlines and submission activities
- General intern assignments during morning, afternoon, and evening hours including but not limited to mail-outs, postering, openings, strike, sales campaigns and special events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Photoshop and other commonly used PC programs
- Ability to conduct research
- Ability to think on feet and step into unfamiliar roles
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy artistic environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with different personality types
- Self motivated
- Good customer service skills
- Valid Driver’s License with own transportation
Preferred Completed Course Work:
- Public Relations Writing or professional writing equivalent
- Public Relations Research or professional research equivalent
TO APPLY: Submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample.
Visit http://thehipp.org/education/internships/ for more information.