The primary purpose of the Development Intern is to assist the Hippodrome’s Development team in building and maintaining relationships with sponsors and donors. This internship is part-time, approximately 15-20 hours per week.
- Assist the Development team in maintaining donor, sponsor, and ticket donations databases
- Conduct research
- Make inquiry phone calls and follow ups
- Coordinate and oversee the operation of special events
- Support staff for fundraising events
- Support staff for major campaign efforts
- Maintain sponsor recognition on the Hippodrome’s website
- Assist with any and all administrative responsibilities outside of those listed above, as determined by the Director of Development, Development Associate, Managing Director, or Artistic Director
- General intern assignments during morning, afternoon, and evening hours including but not limited to mail-outs, postering, openings, strike, sales campaigns, will-call and special events
Job Skill Requirements
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Google Sheets & Docs is required.
- Working knowledge of InDesign, WordPress/Tumblr, Constant Contact, and other commonly used programs is required.
- Strong customer service and hospitality skills
- Flexibility, positive attitude, and a willingness to commit to long hours, hard work, and a demanding schedule
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy and artistic environment
- Ability to conduct research
- Ability to think on feet and step into unfamiliar roles
- Ability to work collaboratively with different personality types
To apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Development Internship – YOUR NAME” by April 25.
NOTE: Qualified applicants may be hired prior to the application deadline, so applicants are strongly encouraged to apply quickly so as to secure an interview slot.