[spacing margin=”no” border=”no”][/spacing]
The mission of the Hippodrome is to explore the truth of the human experience and the human spirit through the examination and presentation of dramatic work. Our purpose is to accomplish this through our commitment to the following goals:
- To create an artistic home.
- To nurture a strong company of actors, directors, designers, technicians and administrators.
- To provide an environment that helps us understand our past, accept our present and work toward positive change for our future.
- To attempt to continuously rediscover the dynamic quality of the theatrical process, encouraging experimentation.
- To awaken new ideas, stimulate change and encourage dreams.
- To nurture collaboration and individual creativity.
- To explore new works and new forms.
- To inspire and challenge artists and audiences.
- To provide a training and a proving ground for future theatre professionals.
- To enrich our community and our world through the art of theatre.
Our creative focus, the work that we produce, the programs that we develop and the spirit our company resonate with this artistic vision while reflecting a sincere search for new audiences and new vital theatrical voices.
We are dedicated in operating the company with a standard for excellence: artistically, programmatically in the cinema and through education, and administratively.
Innovation and creativity are intrinsic to creating cultural programming of uncompromising quality that is challenging and meaningful.
We believe in sustaining the highest level of ethical standards: honesty, accountability, and trust.
Serves as the cornerstone to a strong not-for-profit organization. Through conservative fiscal management, and transparency, we believe we can practice wise and efficient use of the resources entrusted to us.
We are committed to providing quality programs, partnerships, and related services to the community and the audiences we serve.
We believe the arts are a vital part of a healthy, equitable society, to which people of all ages and backgrounds have a need and right to belong. Our values embrace all people and communities and unite our society to our common artistic experience.
The Hippodrome is united as one organization under the belief that every artistic decision is a financial decision, and every financial decision is an artistic decision.
Cultivate and engage a diverse and responsive audience through exceptional service, respect and love.