Box Office Representative
Box Office Representatives are responsible for selling tickets in person and over the phone to our various programs while maintaining excellent customer service standards and meeting sales goals.
The Box Office is an extension of our marketing department – they are a sales team. Box office staff must be passionate about the Hippodrome’s programs and its non-profit mission, and should impart that through their interactions with patrons.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Receiving and processing ticket orders, donations, and subscription sales
- Stay knowledgeable about Hippodrome programming to answer questions and gain additional sales
- Communicating with stage manager and house manager in advance of and during performances
- Distributing tickets through will call
- Must have a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Experience in dealing with the public of all ages
- Ability to elicit the needs of patrons
- Outgoing, enthusiastic attitude in sales
- Attention to detail
- Cash handling and POS system experience
- Ability to work with a team to ensure a positive customer experience
- Sales/marketing experience a plus
- First Aid and Adult CPR certification a plus – Crowd Control training provided upon hiring
To apply, email Susan Vaughn at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, availability, and contact info. Also include a brief paragraph explaining why you would be a good candidate for the job. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.