Be part of the Hippodrome Theatre’s Education team by supporting and working with our Teaching Artists during our Summer Spectacular Camps!
Collaborate with Education Program Staff with decades of experience to create and execute theatre camps for juniors (ages 7-12) and teens (ages 13-17). Click here for more information on Hippodrome summer camps.
• Work with children from a variety of backgrounds Monday through Friday from approximately 8:30 am to 5:30 in a Summer Theatre Camp environment
• Develop and teach age-appropriate workshops in a variety of topics relevant to theatre and performance, e.g. Movement, Scene Study, Improv, Costumes, Props, Video Production
• Assist staff members and fellow interns on all aspects of camp productions
• Strong theatre background. Applicants should state all areas of expertise.
• Prior experience working with youth.
• Flexibility, positive attitude, and a willingness to commit to long hours, hard work, and a demanding schedule.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and other commonly used PC programs.
• General knowledge of backstage operations, safety, and conventional theater practices.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy artistic environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively with different personality types.
• Driver’s license and personal vehicle required.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hippodrome is Gainesville's cultural centerpiece offering live theatre, films, gallery exhibits, classes, and special events over 340 days a year. The Hipp. It's close to home, but far from ordinary!