This is a full-time, full-season internship. Approximate start date is early August.
Be part of the Hippodrome Theatre’s Artistic team by supporting Costume Shop and working with our Guest Designers during our 45th Mainstage Season!
With this internship, you will gain experience working within a professional regional theatre, a non-profit arts organization, and have direct involvement in 6 to 8 Mainstage productions.
Essential Position Functions:
- Work directly with guest designers, directors, and costume shop supervisor
- Assist in costume builds and shopping for all Mainstage productions
- Assist with presenting budgets
- Attend production meetings weekly
- Create all dressing lists and support paperwork
- Tend to actors during fittings and production runs
- Maintain all costumes during the run of the show
- Possible maintenance of wigs during the run of a show
- Possible assistance with makeup during the run of a show
- Work wardrobe for all evening, morning and weekend shows
- General intern assignments during morning, afternoon, and evening hours including but not limited to: mail-outs, postering, openings, strike, sales campaigns, and special events
- Sewing and draping experience required
- Theatre knowledge and experience working on costume running crew is required
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and other commonly used PC programs
- Ability to conduct costume research
- Flexibility, positive attitude, and a willingness to commit to long hours, hard work, and a demanding schedule
- Ability to move quickly and quietly backstage, including carrying garments up and down stairs
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy artistic environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with different personality types
Nominal biweekly stipend. Housing for full-time, non-local interns.
A valid driver’s license and personal automobile are required for this position.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and references to Hippodrome Production Manager Bob Robins at firstname.lastname@example.org.