Are you looking to fuse your love for the arts with the critical-thinking skills you’ve been developing in college? Do you have a can-do attitude and a focus on streamlining processes? And do you like to have fun? Then the Hipp’s development internship might be for you!
As a development intern, you’ll be responsible for assisting the Hippodrome’s development team in building and maintaining relationships with sponsors and donors.
This internship includes working at the theatre during weekday office hours, as well as occasionally working evening/weekend Mainstage performances.
Positions are available for Fall 2017. This is a part-time internship that requires about 20 hours a week during the theatre’s business hours. Reports to the Managing Director and Marketing Assistant.
Essential Position Functions
- Assist the development team in maintaining donor, sponsor and ticket donations databases
- Conduct development-related research
- Make inquiry phone calls and follow-ups
- Coordinate and oversee the operation of special events
- Support staff for fundraising events
- Support staff for major campaign efforts
- Maintain sponsor recognition on the Hippodrome’s website
- Pick up and deliver marketing materials; organize and schedule other interns to assist with print campaigns, such as distributing materials and completing local postering routes
- Table at community events, promoting Hippodrome programming and distributing marketing materials
- Assist with general administrative duties to keep the theatre running in tip-top shape
- Currently studying journalism, public relations, marketing or another related field at an accredited institution; other applicants will be considered if they have comparable skills and drive
- Flexible, positive, go-getter attitude; evening and weekend hours are sometimes required
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated and analytical personality
- Ability to think on feet and step into unfamiliar roles
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; a firm grasp on AP Style is a plus
- Strong customer service and hospitality skills
- A commitment to promptness and a proven reliability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail-oriented but able to envision the theatre’s long-term goals
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and other commonly used PC programs
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle
To apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Development Internship – YOUR NAME” by August 1.
NOTE: Qualified applicants may be hired prior to the application deadline, so applicants are strongly encouraged to apply quickly so as to secure an interview slot.