Cinema Street Team
Film Promotion/Publicity Students
The Hippodrome Cinema
Are you a film fanatic? Do you see a future for yourself in the entertainment industry? Envision yourself strutting the red carpet at the Kodak Theatre?
The Hippodrome Cinema, Gainesville’s only art-house theatre specializing in foreign, independent and documentary film for 30 years, is thrilled to announce the first-ever Street Team. 24fps, known as Film Promotion/Publicity Students, is a new volunteer program that is open to undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Florida and Santa Fe College. We are seeking a team of enthusiastic and motivated students to join us in spreading the word about award-winning films visiting the Hippodrome Cinema to the college community. Films that have recently been screened at the theatre include Bully: The Movie, Footnote, My Week with Marilyn, Martha Marcy May Marlene, and Turn Me On, Dammit!
Activities will include:
• Assisting with the execution of frequent flash mobs to promote upcoming films
• Distributing promotional materials to the Gainesville community
• Participating in special events and acting as the voice of the cinema
• Brainstorming in team meetings about new ways to promote and publicize upcoming films (i.e. WOM, on-site promotional distribution)
• Working alongside the Hippodrome Cinema staff and professionals in the field to learn about the inner workings of the independent film industry.
Students who are majoring in film, public relations, journalism, marketing, business, theater, and advertising are strongly recommended to apply. All majors are welcome.
*Please note this is not an internship.
Although we firmly believe that as volunteers you should decide the amount of time to participate, we are asking for students to give us 5 hours a week. With this said, we are very flexible and willing to work around your schedule.
Interested in applying? We’d love to have you!
Email Cinema Manager Jason McNeal at firstname.lastname@example.org